Last updated 19 January 2023
We are Discount Blinds Ltd. We are a company registered in Northern Ireland (NI) with an address of 163-167 Crumlin Road, Belfast, County Antrim, BT14 7AA. In this privacy notice we will refer to ourselves as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’. This notice applies to customers, suppliers, visitors and third parties (together referred to as ‘you’).
You can get hold of us in any of the following ways:
• by phoning us on 028 90 740 740;
• by e-mailing us at email@example.com; or
• by writing to us at 163-167 Crumlin Road, Belfast, County Antrim, BT14 7AA.
We take the privacy, including the security, of personal information we hold about you seriously. This privacy notice is designed to inform you how we collect, store and process personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations together with our terms and conditions. You should read this privacy notice carefully so that you know and can understand why and how we use the personal information we collect and hold about you. We may update this privacy notice at any time.
Why do we hold your personal data and on what legal grounds?
In this privacy notice we refer to your personal data as ‘personal information’. ‘Personal information’ means any information from which a living individual can be identified. We hold and use different types of personal information about you. For example, name, address, telephone number, email address, bank details. We may also capture other personal data such as CCTV images if you visit our premises.
Personal information is divided into two categories – ordinary personal information and special information. Special information requires extra protection under data protection law. This may include information relating to health, racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and similar beliefs, trade union membership, sex life and sexual orientation and also includes genetic information and biometric information. We do not process special information about you.
So that we are able to provide you with goods or services, we will need your ordinary personal information. If you do not provide us with the required personal information, we may be prevented from supplying goods or services to you. It is important that you keep your personal information up to date. If any of your personal information changes, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know. If you do not do this then we may be prevented from supplying goods or services to you. For example, if you move address and do not tell us, then your goods may be delivered to the wrong address.
We are only able to use your personal information for certain legal reasons set out in data protection law. There are legal reasons under data protection law other than those listed below, but in most cases, we will use your personal information for the following legal reasons:
• Contract Reason: this is in order to perform our obligations to you under a contract we have entered into with you;
• Legitimate Interests Reason: this is where the use of your personal information is necessary for our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, so long as that legitimate interest does not override your fundamental rights, freedoms, or interests.
• Legal Obligation Reason: this is where we have to use your personal information in order to perform a legal obligation by which we are bound; and
• Consent Reason: this is where you have given us your consent to use your personal information for a specific reason or specific reasons.
Where we rely on consent for a specific purpose as the legal reason for processing your personal information, you have the right under data protection law to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this notice. If we receive a request from you withdrawing your consent to a specific purpose, we will stop processing your personal information for that purpose, unless we have another legal reason for processing your personal information, in which case, we will confirm that reason to you.
How do we use your data
We use personal information to enable us to provide goods and services to our customers. We usually collect identify information, contact information, payment information, transaction information, survey information or marketing information directly from you when you fill out a form, survey or questionnaire, purchase goods or services from us or contact us by e-mail, telephone, in writing or otherwise. This includes the personal information which you provide to us when you subscribe to our mailing list or enter a competition or survey.
Who do we share your personal data with
We will only share your personal information with third parties where we have an appropriate legal ground under data protection law which permits us to do so. We do not sell or trade any of the personal information which you have provided to us.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary. How long is necessary will depend upon the purposes for which we collected the personal information and whether we are under any legal obligation to keep the personal information (such as in relation to accounting or auditing records or for tax reasons). We may also need to keep personal information in case of any legal claims, including in relation to any guarantees or warranties which we have provided with the goods or services.
Under data protection laws you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, as follows:
• Right to request access: (this is often called ‘subject access’). This is the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal information which we hold about you.
• Right to correction: this is the right to request that any incorrect personal data is corrected and that any incomplete personal data is completed.
• Right to erasure: (this is often called the “right to be forgotten”). This right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does apply, you have the right to request us to erase all of your personal information.
• Right to restrict processing: this right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does apply, you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
• Right to data portability: this right allows you to request us to transfer your personal information to someone else.
• Right to object: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights in relation to your personal information, please contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this notice. If you do make a request then please note:
• we may need certain information from you so that we can verify your identity;
• we do not charge a fee for exercising your rights unless your request is unfounded or excessive; and
• if your request is unfounded or excessive then we may refuse to deal with your request.
You may receive marketing from us about our goods and services, where either you have consented to this, or we have another legal reason by which we can contact you for marketing purposes. However, we will give you the opportunity to manage how or if we market to you. To change your marketing preferences, and/or to request that we stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes, you can always contact us on the details set out at the beginning of this notice.
If you do request that we stop marketing to you, this will not prevent us from sending communications to you which are not to do with marketing. For example, in relation to goods or services which you have purchased from us. We do not pass your personal information on to any third parties for marketing purposes.
If you are unhappy about the way that we have handled or used your personal information, you have the right to complain to the UK supervisory authority for data protection, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please do contact us in the first instance if you wish to raise any queries or make a complaint in respect of our handling or use of your personal information, so that we have the opportunity to discuss this with you and to take steps to resolve the position. You can contact us using the details set out at the beginning of this privacy notice.
Discount Blinds Ltd
163 Crumlin Road, Belfast, BT14 7AA, United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 Discount Blinds Ltd - All Rights Reserved.